"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Monday, July 07, 2008

growing better

"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures."
--H. Jackson Brown, Jr., Life's Little Instruction Book

these days, i know people aren't pulling my leg when they say, "oi, tumataba ka na!"

i can see and feel the change myself. i'm growing into my clothes (i'd rather say it that way instead of "i'm outgrowing my clothes") -- my pants, most especially. before, i had no trouble putting them on but lately i've been struggling to fit into them. nowadays, i have to wriggle my way in. i badly need new pairs and all of them new pairs have to be at least a size bigger! swear.

just last weekend, the locking button of my fave cargo pants popped off. nope, the thread did not give way -- the button-holes of the dear button gave up on me!

the thing is, i am not growing a belly. i am simply growing, growing, growing.

i'm still reed thin (i dare say; and i am probably still underweight?) but...

if they see me now, people who know my history of being ridiculously thin (through grade school, high school, college, graduate school...) could tell that i've recently achieved progress with my (lack of) weight issue.

i never thought it would really happen. even those who get to see me everyday didn't fail to notice.

i have grown a bit heavier and a bit bigger. i do not need a weighing scale nor a tape measure to verify the claim. you can see it on my cheeks. you can see it when you see me.

"namimintog eh."

"hahahah... tumataba!" (sabay puna sa braso ko.)

"kung dati mukha ka lang
grade three; ngayon nagmumukha ka ng grade six. oi, nagdadalaga na."

"nakakaaliw. you're looking better."

"bagay pala sa 'yo napapagod." (sabay sundot sa iba: "hiyang na hiyang. dagdagan nyo pa trabaho nito!")

:-) hehe. tama bang alaskahin ako?

p.s. i don't believe in rice shortage. picture? click here.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...