"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Sunday, June 13, 2004

caterpillar sonnets: the see-saw trio

sonnet #21: --- --
-=-vkpm, 2002-=-


My eyes look around what surrounds me
Waiting...Imagining..Hoping...
Waiting...waiting for your gaze to meet mine,
Imagining...imagining you'll blow me a kiss of love,
Hoping...hoping to be moved by the sweet wind lingering in your soul.
Waiting...Imagining...Hoping...
My mind wanders, thrilled to seek you
Dreaming...Delighting...Believing...
Dreaming...dreaming of you and the wonderful memory of your warm smile,
Delighting...delighting in the lovely thoughts
I can't help but see in your eyes,
Believing...believing I was born to sing
Such gentle tune echoing from your heart,
Dreaming...delighting...believing...


========== --- ==========

sonnet #19: BLACKOUT
-=-vkpm, april 2003-=-


A mere memory floats, rises and fades;
A heart beats, skips and weeps;
A dream dims and goes out;
A story dies and never unfolds.

The mind struggles to forget
But the soul clings to hope;
Words from long ago echo through,
The being tormented and haunted so.

Pure emotions, they freely flow;
Suppression gets beaten, control weakens;
A longing from the depths escapes;
The feeling sinks and drowns in tears.

There it goes...
One shining star beyond reach.


========== --- ==========

sonnet #6: ILLUSION
-=-vkpm, 2003-=-


Tonight I’d gaze at the moon and scan the sky
And the night shall embrace me as I sigh
For I see you near even though you’re far,
As though where I am is where you are.

Tonight I shall fly and sleep on a cloud;
Alone I shall be ‘neath the stars above our ground,
But when I close my eyes you’ll come around
To embrace me warmly, gently in the cold.

Tonight I shall wait for things to unfold,
(Though waiting takes time and I already lost a rhyme)
For I may be merely living in a dream
Yet I always wonder every time I see you beam:

Is it you who’s here,
Or is it me who’s there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...