"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

let me see...

"Know your enemy, know yourself; know their weaknesses, know yours. This way you will not be endangered, even in a hundred battles." -- The Art of War, Sun Tsu

what should i talk about?

should i talk about where i'm staying? should i share that ever since a little more than a year ago, i've lived across some kitchen? should i go on by saying that i've seen cockroaches and rats in that kitchen, and that fortunately those creatures haven't invaded our room yet? or should i say instead that my roommate and i are somewhat unfortunate because there are people (who frequent the kitchen and the nearby dining room) who can't seem to control their irritating noise level everytime they go yakkity-yak-yak-yak? it's quite amazing that all this time i, who's always near boiling point, haven't really complained about it straight to their faces. guess, i've learned how to be really considerate after all...or did i really? wishful thinking!

should i talk about the snake? when i went out this morning, there was some sort of commotion at the house's entrance lobby and the houseparent told me that a snake's been found in the hall. whoa! that explained why the male personnel were jabbing poles on the wall. a small, slimy-looking, green snake came slithering but its death was immediate. the poles crushed its tiny head. no more snake! but you know what i think? there could be more snakes...and that disturbs me. what if it's really just one of the few? and what if there's a bigger version of it? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... are caterpillars safe from snakes? i hope so.

should i talk about getting sick only on weekends? that's what's been happening to me. during the past two saturdays i got terribly sick, i had no choice but to befriend my bed, blanket, and pillows. heck, getting up was a struggle, i kept getting dizzy and my headaches were too much so i opted to sleep instead of being up and about. and my illness? i don't know. it must be some flu or colds that somehow don't disturb nor turn me into an invalid during the weekdays. weird luck!

should i talk about an injustice done to me? there is this class picture taken during my senior year in high school. i don't know who took that picture, and that's a good thing...because that person just cut me out!!! whether it was done deliberately or not, it doesn't matter. i got cut out, and that's that. i was there, seated at the front albeit on the side, but the photo only shows my sock-and-shoe-covered feet!!! should i shout hooray because at least my feet got included in the pic? maybe... there are other COMPLETE class photos taken of our class during that day, but i'm not consoled by that fact. i got cut in one, and, even though my feet look nice in that photo, i still think i should have filed charges (but then...that's just me being so juvenile! hahaha!).

btw, i realized just recently that... my mind is old, but my senses are young... and that realization deserves a separate blog entry! (*winks*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...