"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Thursday, July 08, 2004

me, myself, and i, the caterpillar, went to baguio

for one who's not used to being alone, traveling to baguio for the first time and without a companion's a challenging adventure. last may 29, that's what i did....had an adventure: i went to baguio, alone.

the trip to the bus terminal in cubao was a challenge in itself. it was my first time to go there, and i, of course, didn't know the exact location. anyway, believing that i really could make the first leg of my so-called baguio trip solo, at about 10pm, i rode on a bus from philcoa and simply told the conductor where i wanted to go. fortunately, i arrived at the bus terminal, unscathed...not that i expected to be scathed, hahaha!

at the bus terminal, i thought "so, okay! i'm here. what's the next thing to do?" oh, by now, you do realize that i really didn't make so much plans about the trip, hehehe... i, of course, remembered about getting a ticket but since i was kinda apprehensive to ask around about the how-to's and what-not's in obtaining the bus ticket, i had to communicate with my brother (who's in pasig) via sms just to ask what to do. when his reply came, telling me i should have obtained my ticket a day or two before my trip and that i should buy my ticket ASAP, i knew then that i wouldn't be able to get a bus ride to baguio right away, contrary to what i expected. true enough, when i joined the queue for the tickets, i was told by the person in front of me that the tickets available were for 4am trips already...all trips before that have already been fully-booked...waaaammmaaaa!!! i wanted the 12mn trip! luckily, somebody changed her mind about making her own ride. unfortunately though, her ticket was for 2am. however, i thought taking the 2am ride's better than the 4am trip. so, i bought the lady's ticket and started the waiting game for the 2am bus ride while joining the already long queue for chance passengers (part of me was hoping that i could get an earlier ride, talk about being resilient!)...11:30pm came, then 12mn, then 1:00am...1:30am...nada...nothing happened to my "i-wanna-be-on-an-earlier-than-2am-trip" attempt. all the while i was standing (oh my...imagine a standing caterpillar), along with other wannabe chance passengers (i was patient that time, i ought to be congratulated *winks*), until my own bus came (hence, the test for my patience ended, whew!)...2am trip! yeah!!! i boarded the bus, and after the inspector checked my ticket, i succumbed to sleep. i arrived in baguio city about six hours later...

here are some of the pics that i have of my first baguio trip (i'll improve this entry and add some captions later - whenever, whatever my later means *chuckles*):


pines, pines, rows of pines...


not my mama's garden...


my cousins, raymond and raymart, identical twins. i can tell them apart!


that's raymart on the foreground. raymond tried to be seen.


raymond's the one in my arms. raymart's glued to his dad, my tito ramon.


i'm still holding raymond here and i'm the odd one in this pic. that's my tita yen beside me.


"row, row, row your boat..." at burnham park's man-made lake. i went rowing here after i lost my cellular phone in SM baguio. :P


i am so afraid of dogs. that's why i positioned myself behind (and slightly away from) the st. bernard.


the picture's blurred. period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...