"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

please try again

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

our company's biometric system seldom fails in not recognizing me. my officemates go through it with a green light matched with a 'thank you' while i usually get the red light matched with 'please try again.' it's always been just me since the start.

during our enrollment to the system, it took awhile before the biometric print collector could successfully add me. my work buddies didn't have a hard time. one try and they got in. i was altogether a different case. my right thumb failed. my left thumb failed. my index fingers failed. my middle fingers failed. my ring fingers failed. even my pinkies failed. although i was quite annoyed by all the hassle that i had to go through, my officemates and i found reasons to be amused about it. (read: guess, who's the alien?) only out of determination and patience and after several attempts did my right thumb and left thumb finally register. for good measure, my left index finger was enrolled as well.

every time i get the red blinking light, i mutter a 'not again,' take a look at my fingers, and wonder what's wrong. my fingers look like fingers should (and with distinct fingerprints) so why is the sensor being so discriminating? of course, that's what sensors are for but, i mean, why just me?

maybe it's one of the universe's little ways of helping me grow with patience. or maybe i'm really an alien.

could be both.

no, don't ask me from what planet i came from -- i'd still say earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...