"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

this game called...

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.


1. i've been blogging since may 2004.

2. this is not the first time i gave in to this online tagging game.

3. my gizmos -- camphones, dslr camera, personal digital assistant, computer, thumb drives, external hard disk drive -- have names. i used to use "minion." late last year, i decided to rename them to "steward." hence, i have k770i steward, k530i steward, steward the dslr, ipaq steward... my 200GB external hard disk drive carries the name "kulit." my older transcend 128MB drive which i got sometime during the first quarter of 2004 retained the "minion" label; i'm gonna convert it to another "steward" soon. my 4GB transcend thumb drive is identified as Tsteward. doing away with the "minion" tag has everything to do with the power of words.

4. i am looking forward to setting foot on coron, palawan and enjoying the sights the place has to offer this march. this explains why i'm excited that february is here already. i got my tickets for the coron trip last december. who me?! excited? ;-)

5. it took six months before i found out that i was co-author of a scientific paper that got published in american institute of physics' applied physics letters. hooray! 'twas my thesis. the article got published in may 2008 and i only found out about it in november 2008, when i typed "v magusara" in google's search field. google is my other best friend... and yeah, i sometimes do THOSE searches. talk about stalking myself, haha!

6. i bought two bright yellow t-shirts last sunday. because. i. adore. yellow. and i decided that i will wear more yellow this year. yellow and apple green, pink and blue... more orange, too!

7. i have not been able to finish a book last month. i should make up for that this month -- gotta finish reading at least two (2) books!

8. i miss riding bikes.

9. for this year, i intend to eat home-cooked meals at least thrice a week. this means, i am currently developing the habit of cooking my own meals at least thrice a week. the important implication of that statement is this: I AM cooking. hehe.

10. for even just once, i'd like to be part of a documentary -- either as concept developer, reporter, director, or researcher. i'd like to have my mark on at least one documentary. meanwhile, i satisfy myself with documentary shows -- that is if i'm not watching soap operas, haha.

11. hopefully, i'll reach batanes this year.

12. i am pleased with my efforts at growing my savings. i want to invest on a business this year.

13. i now perfectly understand why i did not get into the semiconductor electronics industry.

14. i like eating yellow cab pizza co.'s hot wings!

15. i prefer having pens and writing markers with different colors.

16. surprise, december 2008 surprise. i joined a choir convinced that i'd be singing alto. imagine my shock when the choirmaster assigned me to first soprano.

17. my right hand is lazy. i think it's jealous of my left.

18. magluya akong kalag kung dili ko kalaag. kindly translate that.

19. seasons of love from the musical rent remains to be one of my fave songs.

20. when i read angels and demons in 2004, i got interested in ambigrams. i ended up making one for my name. go here: http://vinokulafo.blog.friendster.com/2006/03/aint-this-cool/

21. i am mighty glad that i was able to get reunited with my TOSP family early this year. i did miss the community activities during the time i was away.

22. i collect google banners. christmas day. new year. valentine's day. google anniversary. olympics... name it. i have a folder in my computer reserved for 'em google banners.

23. i am thankful for people who care enough to exert some effort on pulling me back to calmness (and making me see reason) when my temper's about to sow mayhem.

24. one of my targets this year is to further reduce my soda consumption to "once in a blue moon." i've never been a soda addict but i just want to further reduce my soda intake.

25. there are rules which i break. that rule preceding number 1 of this list? i'm breaking that. see? feel free to write down 25 random things about yourself if you have the time... and if you feel motivated to do so. i am interested to know more about you. come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...