"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Saturday, May 12, 2007

hail may

"We could never have loved the earth so well
if we had had no childhood in it."

--George Eliot


"just like that, i'm up in the clouds..."

nice pun i have for a title, eh?

that's my way of saying i love the month of may -- eventhough it could never topple down december's position as my favorite month of the year. weeeeeeeee... it's may already!!!

what better way to start it than with a heartwarming and fun activity with the family?


kinhas time with the family:
this is definitely a happy dose!


so for those wondering what swake is, up there it is!

fresh swake is quite an exotic gastronomic delight. it looks yucky and repulsive to the uninitiated but, trust me, its edible parts are very tasty! it really gets me excited everytime i see one of them on my own. not only do i get the right to eat my own find (eheheh), discovering a swake under a sea rock or amidst tangled seaweeds makes me feel like i'm an accomplished manginhasay!

ok, i have to scurry. i just dropped by to post stuff like that.

there's a long way to go 'til the end of may. who knows what experiences and adventures i have up my sleeve to mark this month? hmmm...

'til my next blog entry!

about the first image: a late afternoon seascape photo taken on may 1, 2007 at rupagan, bacolod, lanao del norte during low-tide.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...