"a caterpillar doesn't just grow into a butterfly. a caterpillar must undergo metamorphosis, and a cocoon is where a caterpillar risks it all: enters total chaos, undergoes total rebuilding, and is born to a new way of living. only in taking the risk of entering that inert cocoon can the caterpillar go from dormancy to potency, from ugliness to beauty."

Saturday, May 05, 2018

map


"Inagaw nga namin (mga) isla n’yo, mapa pa kaya!"
 -- contributed by one of my friends

๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š


at some point in ashikaga flower park, i was preoccupied with trying to take selfies under the trellis of the double-flowered wisteria when two females approached and called my attention. with my left hand, i was holding the pamphlet-slash-park map, which was given to me by the personnel at the park entrance. held by my right hand was the selfie stick with my camphone. i had to stop what i was doing to properly acknowledge the presence of the two but even before i could complete a cordial greeting, one of them grabbed the folded-and-rolled pamphlet from my left hand! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ no words, no non-verbal plea, nothing but unpermitted taking of MY park map. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ i knew right away that they’re NOT japanese at all! despite my indignation ๐Ÿ˜ , i stood there trying so hard to maintain a tolerant facade ๐Ÿ˜ณ. as if they did not do anything socially unacceptable, the two started talking to each other while turning the paper over and over again, completely ignoring my presence ๐Ÿคจ



MY map of the ashikaga flower park

based on their interaction, the two of them got lost in the park ๐Ÿง (note: ashikaga flower park covers a large area but it is not that large for two non-stupid adults to get lost in — there are signages and arrows. plus, park guests are given maps at the entrance.) ๐Ÿค” while they were carrying on with their conversation, it was obvious to me that they did not know where to go because they could not even figure out where we were despite the user-friendliness of the park map. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️ 

my first attempts at interrupting their conversation with an “excuse me” did not work but when they finally acknowledged that i was still around ๐Ÿ˜ฒ, i told them “you are here” as i pointed our location on the map. then, they started resuming their discussion — as if i wasn’t there ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍♀️, as if i did not say anything helpful — while turning the paper once again ๐Ÿ˜ต and then back to the page with the park map before looking at me and telling me in a commanding tone, “how to get here?” ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฏ

“from here, how to get here? (pointing at the park’s entrance on the map) ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ‘€ all along, they were figuring out how to go back to the park’s main entrance! (another note: the park map was drawn in such a self-explanatory way and the park pathways are easy to follow.) i told them to just follow the path. 

“how?” 

i pointed to the oh-so-visible path closest to us. they also asked where the park’s main entrance was ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️. how could two people perusing a very-easy-to-understand map not know? ๐Ÿง although i was tempted to lead them to the opposite direction because of their rudeness, i still pointed the correct direction. i got a thank you. i held out my hand to receive back MY map. the two of them hesitated and looked at me — maybe because they wanted to me to go with them to the entrance so they won’t get lost, maybe because they wanted to walk away with my map, or maybe because they didn’t trust what i told them; but whether it’s one or two or all of those reasons, i wasn’t inclined to go out of my way anymore to be of further help to them. it’s more than too much that i already still helped them even though they were rude, unapologetic, and dense.

note: this happened to me on april 20, 2018 and i got really pissed off that's why it took time for me to write about this. ang naka-quote ay clue sa kanilang bansang pinanggalingan. walang duda na doon sila galing; pati ugali sablay na sablay sa kalidad kahit nasa bansang hindi naman kanila. 



๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...